Just a quick update from Starving Author LLC headquarters, here in sunny (if cold) Pensacola:
- I have a client and half (it makes sense to me!) book in the Starving Editor offices, but that leaves plenty more room for your fellow starving authors out there to engage my services!
- There is a wealth of resources on the Internet for the making of wearable sandwich boards. Gods bless the information superhighway!
- Maybe this year I’ll be able to spring like a jaguar and actually GET A TABLE FOR PENSACON! … Seriously, I tried this year, but they sold out in, like, a month, well before I had the cash on hand.
- If you’re an author in the same position (going to a con but unable to wrangle a table), you can still advance yourself. Other authors and publishers are usually more than willing to talk shop. If you make yourself identifiable in some way, you can still meet and engage with readers. Or you can do what I do: all of the above, plus be a walking advert. Your mileage may vary!
- The Songstress Murders is still coming! Editing is taking a bit of time to wrangle and the cover artist had a surgery to endure. She’s okay and work is back on track, but it delayed the whole mess. Still, I think it may be my best book yet, so it should be worth the wait.
- You’re awesome! If no one has told you that today, I’m your guy.
I think that about covers it. Time to get back to the books I intend to review next Friday. Until next time, good reading, good writing, and good luck!