Everything here said is oh-so-true!
People are scared to write reviews. It’s a fact.
Here are some of the fears:
- Someone might disagree with me and I’ll feel stupid.
- I’m not smart enough or don’t know enough to sound intelligent.
- I’m not a good writer.
- Nobody cares what I say.
- My opinion doesn’t count for much.
There are many others, I’m sure, but these are the ones I’ve heard.
Because of these fears, people stay quiet instead of using their voices to help shape the world.
Here are some more facts:
- Reviews don’t have to be more than a sentence. You can simply write “I loved it.” Or, “Meh.” You can even say you hated it.
- You don’t have to sound smart, be highly educated about something, or convince anyone else that your opinion is valid. It’s your opinion. You’re entitled to it.
- Reviews are a lifeline for creatives. Without them, great books never get read. Great…
View original post 129 more words