Pensacon 2016 has come and gone. It was a fantastic time for me. I got to meet many interesting people, catch quite a few informative panels, and get some super smart advice from my fellow authors. So what are the takeaways from this past weekend?
- Interviews are actually pretty damn fun! I sat down with three different podcast teams and, as those interviews come out, I’ll tell you about them, but it was enjoyable and interesting. Will Do Again!
- All of the folks from WordFire Press are great. Dave Butler and Peter Wacks, in particular, were very supportive, fun, and full of advice for a Starving Author like myself.
- I got to meet some great, legendary wrestlers, as well as the local promotion, Epic Championship Wrestling. Fantastic chance to meet some inspirations for my work!
- All the local authors were just as great. Expect the next weeks to be a local author’s fest of reviews and interviews. I bought a stack of them and each author deserves a moment in the sun!
- I walked way too much on way too hard concrete for 30 some hours these past few days. My feet hate me!
- While I gave out a lot of business cards and got a lot of attention, that doesn’t turn into immediate sales. Naturally, I wasn’t actually selling books, as I hadn’t managed to get a full vendor’s table, so that makes sense. The week will tell if the attention turns into increased readership.
- I *must* get tables at upcoming conventions. I think that’s the last real hurdle to go. People are interested in what I have to offer. They will buy it, as many asked if they could from me, despite my lack of table. If I can get them to read, I can get them to keep reading!