Finally, FINALLY, it’s here! Rune Service, the light-hearted urban fantasy and my … what? … 11th book?! is now available on Amazon as an e-book, with physical copies to be available soon! Check out the blurb and cover below!
Just a real quick one here, as it is my 40th birthday and there are things that require my now-mature attention:
- The Twelfth Labor is now available in paperback, either through Amazon or through CreateSpace.
- As I got two Starving Reviews out early in the week, this Friday’s content will be a fresh Writing Is A Bad Habit, with reviews back next Friday.
- My big solo-authored sale is still on for another day. Get all my solo-written e-books from Amazon for only $.99 USD a piece!
Now I’m going back to enjoying my birthday! See you all again on tomorrow!
First off, as the title suggests, I want to wish everyone out there a happy Thanksgiving, assuming you celebrate that holiday in your neck of the world. Even if you don’t, have a happy Thursday!
Second, because of said holiday, tomorrow’s Starving Review might be delayed a day or two, but it will be coming soon on the heels of Friday.
Lastly, and perhaps most importantly in general, all of my solo titles will be going on SALE starting tomorrow! Black Friday, baby!
It would seem, my literary foodies, that the main answer to genre fatigue I see in the modern menus of the world is genre fusion. Mixing the ingredients of multiple genres can be fun and flavorful, but it can also be boring and nasty. In today’s recipe, we’ll see how well our chef tosses together romance, science-fiction, and contemporary thrillers. Which will The Planets All Shone be, tasty or tasteless?
Before we cut to the heart of the matter, let’s recite the Starving Review creed:
- I attempt to rate every book from the perspective of a fan of the genre
- I attempt to make every review as spoiler-free as possible
Okay, time to pull away some curtains to reveal what all has been taking up so much of my time. INITIATE THE BULLET POINTS!
- New print editions of The Push Chronicles, all three books, are coming out soon in the more popular 5 x 8 inch format, graced with brand-new spine and back cover design by Reyn Ruch, the cover artist of The Songstress Murders, to make the new editions much nicer to have sitting on your shelf!
- Speaking of The Songstress Murders, you can read a fresh review HERE. Also, Reyn did an updated cover design and art for Inspector Redmane’s first adventure, so check it out as well!
- You may have noticed that I have once again become a fully independent author, with The Opening Bell back under my full control and republished on Amazon. The price is back to something reasonable ($2.99 USD as opposed to 6.99) and you Kindle Unlimited folks can now read it for free! The new print edition will be available soon, with the original Felipe de Barros cover art and extra cover design for the print edition by Reyn Ruch as well.
- As the series is back in my hands, let me announce that The Tale of the Tape, fully revised with extended material, will be available for pre-order soon. The release proper will be in early August. I will announce the precise date within the week!
- In addition to Kansas City Comic Con in early August, I am proud to announce that I will also be appearing at the Pensacola Comic Convention in late August at the Game Space table. I’ll not only be there with my books and witty conversation, but assisting in gaming demos and the like.
- Also, I’ll be making an appearance at Necronomicon 2016 in Tampa, Florida, right before Halloween! It should be an incredible experience!
- Finally, expect one more big announcement soon about the Sekrit Writin Projikt very soon! All I will say now is that 1 done, 2 to go!
I’ll be posting details of the new print edition covers over the week and more, so stay tuned! Maybe even a book review!
Until then, good reading, good writing, and good luck!
Right, so it’s almost time. Now, I’ve been to conventions before, even been to conventions for ‘business’ reasons. The last two Pensacons I’ve attended have been more for promotion and networking than just for the fun of it. Mobicon, though, will be the first time I’ll be sitting at a table, trying to get you to buy my books.
It’s a step forward, but it’s a step on uncertain ground. At least psychologically, this could be a make-or-break moment. It’s one thing to sit back, behind the shield of the internet, and excuse away any lack of success or moments of failure as there’s a certain distance involved. This, though, will be personal, face-to-face, nitty-gritty. Basically, this is where I either grow up or drop out.
Well, not so dramatic as that, of course! While this is a stressful moment, it would also be short sighted to lay everything on one convention, especially my first! No, while this will remain a big step, it’s entirely a step forward, a step in the right direction. At worst, it will be a learning experience, letting me know what I need to do for future conventions. At best, I’ll come home with empty book boxes and the knowledge that I’m doing things the right way. Either way, it’ll be fun!
In other quick news, my free promotion for Indomitable went like gangbusters. Just a reminder, though, that all of The Push Chronicles are available for free through Kindle Unlimited. If you have that, swing by my Released Books list and start reading! Also, don’t forget that The Songstress Murders will be released at the start of Mobicon! You can still pre-order your Kindle copy from Amazon. Physical copies will be available for order around the time of the e-book release.
Until next time, good reading, good writing, and good luck!
The Walled City is the wonder of a world reborn, five cities stacked one atop another. The only thing that stands between the normal Folk and the criminals that would prey upon them is the City Watch. Cue Junior Inspector Vela Redmane, lover of life and the lovelies, yet serious about her work as a detective, who finds herself embroiled in one of the weirdest murder cases ever seen in this place of magic. Murder by pleasure, warring gangsters, mysterious mages, and a singing golem are just the start of Redmane’s troubles. The most complicated part of all? The roots of love tangling Vela with both her top suspect and the sorceress who holds all the answers!
It’s time! You can now pre-order The Songstress Murders, the first of the Inspector Redmane Mysteries! Head on over to Amazon and grab it before it’s released on May 26,2 016! Physical copies will be available first at Mobicon in Mobile and then from CreateSpace that weekend!